Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Strange how life works out, one day you think "I wonder what a greyhound even looks like close up" and a few years down the line you end up on Utube doing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38r2COGpY5kIf you can't guess which one I am....I'm not telling you!I've been playing in the paddocks with the greyhounds, well no if any of the staff are reading this I've been wood staining the fence diligently. Its hard, I mean you are trying to paint away and there is a naughty greyhound play bowing at you, it would be rude of me not to chase him just a little bit wouldn't it? Rufus showed a total lack of appreciation of my efforts to make his environment a bit smarter by peeing in my paint. So all the fences have are now Culprano "Forest Oak brown"- with hint of wee colour.Madaboutgreys is an amazing photographer, she took a load of pics of my fav' greyhound, Missy with her new collar which I won on an auction for her.http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=madaboutgreys&s=recThe last pic is my favourite, she is smiling, I swear it.Homing has been up and down some going home but some coming back. I don't get so worked up about them coming back now because its much better to have them safe with us. One came back after just a few days and seemed so miserable. A few days later she was back to her normal self, greyhounds are so sensitive aren't they? Makes me laugh when I go home at the end of the day and they thank me for doing a bit of work for them. I'm like, no thank you for giving me purpose and joy in my mundane life.

1 comment:

Tania said...

Lovely Missy...sigh. No wonder she's your fave. Give her a kiss and cuddle for me!